Here is single sided design for prototyping with 20 pin microcontroller STM32F070. This MCU is interesting due to:
- small size in TSSOP housing
- low price
- interesting periphery: ADC, USARTs, timers, USB device!, etc…
Here’s the design. I will post some interesting USB projects in the future based on this board.
Main components (beside caps, resistors and SMD LED) are:
- LUMBERG 2410 07 USB PLUG, 2.0 TYPE A, RIGHT ANGLE, SMD: farnell 1308875, cca. 1EUR
- STM USBLC6-2P6 ESD Protection Device, farnell 1295310 cca. 0,2EUR
- 8MHz SMD Crystal, e.g. ABRACON ABMM2-8.000MHZ-E2-T, farnell 1611803, cca 0,5EUR
- STM32F070F6P6 32 Bit Microcontroller, Value Line, ARM Cortex-M0, 48 MHz, 32 KB, 6 KB, 20, TSSOP: farnell 2488284, cca 1EUR
- NCP1117-3.3, Low drop 3,3V regulator, cca 0,3EUR
It is not as cheap as arduino or some other chinese prototiping boards, but it is definetly good substitute for microcontroller/FTDI combination.
After assembling and checking all components, this mini USB dongle should appear as DFU device in windows. Just download the DfuSe application from T H I S L I N K. The STM32F070 shows up in DfuSe:
Stay tuned for some interesting projects based on this little “gizmo”.